The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 1897
  • 160343 Comments
  • @sunshine that is some yummy food indeed, haven't tried the drink yet, but it looks mighty yummmmm, so I will have a tall glass of the NOT so #angrybirds orchard drink and a portion of the AB Orchard ribs :D
  • awww page change... maybe hang a copy of the specials on this side as well @sunshine?
  • @estar thank you for all of your help! Cheers!
  • You are welcome Sunshine, I might be a disaster in the kitchen I am glad to help out in some form with food stuff LOL. Clink!
  • Hi @sunshine. Glad to see you back in the BP even if you are playing havoc with my diet.
  • Lol clink,clink! ;) ummmmm....
  • @rat it's all good for your diet...no calories!!!! :) will you join us in a Not so #Angrybird Orchard?
  • I'm also happy that the rocker is once again occupied by @mumsie. I haven't seen the word "pall" used all week.
    @sunshine--I would be honored to raise a glass with the creator of "Tummy Yummies".
  • Hey mister Rat! I know right, Mumsie always looks so content and homely in her rocker, makes the BP so much cosier!
  • I also need to let @TomPuss know I stayed ahead of the crowd with the torches and pitch forks in the LSC forum. They never touched a hair on my head. They roughed me up a little, but they couldn't find a hair on my head to touch.

Edit: Did you get the pun? No hare.
  • Clink, clink
  • I had to google "homely" @Estar. It means something different here than it does in Europe. I thought you were calling @mumsie plain and unattractive. In Europe it means comfortable and relaxed. I think. Right @Estar?
  • Oops?!?!? What??? I indeed mean the last description... never heard of the first one, plain and unattractive?! Bliep no!! I did not mean that... any suggestion for a comfy and warm environment (like home feels)?
  • Sorry @Estar. I'd never heard the European version before I googled. I just knew there had to be a another definition. You would NEVER be mean to @mumsie.
  • @Estar--Over here we dropped the L from Homely and use just Homey to describe a comfy and warm environment. That L makes all the difference here.
  • @estar this is like the other day when I thought an image was ice cream....remember!!! ;)
  • Ahhh okay, to me homey is a word the less than nice youngsters living in the streets would use to talk to each other, but than again, there could be yet another letter making the difference in those definitions.

hee hee yeah I remember Sunshine :D
  • @Estar--This language is tough. The same word, spelled the same way, meaning two totally different things. How do you speak it as well as you do? I'm impressed. And yes, homey is just one such example of a word with more than one meaning here. Confusing, ain't it?
  • Oh my, that looks too yummy to pass up @sunshine! Thank you for your culinary talents, and thanks to @AMSlimfordy for the delicious brew!

@Estar & @rat9, it's pronounced the same, but spelled H-O-M-I-E. Just to avoid confusion when referring to those types of youngsters. It's a shortened version of "homeboy" which is a close friend. "Wassup, homie?"
  • Hi @SweetP. Good to see you again. I kept missing you by minutes yesterday and today.
  • @Rat awww thanks for the ego boost and the explanation of homey. Was afraid my Dutchie brain was slipping in the English department. As to how I do it, I guess when there is no other way to communicate in the virtual big wide world one needs to adapt to English and make it their own. As did I, also watching TV series when I grew up, the mandatory English lessons from an early age and the smarty pants braincells my parents gave to me helped out A LOT :D
  • @SweetP Hi And enjoy the new yummys I just finished mine and @Sunshine the ribs were delicious! If you will excuse me I need to visit the ladies room and clean up my face and hands after such unlady like eating of the ribs (imo the only way to eat meat on a bone LOL)
  • Hello @rat9, good to see you too! Good luck to your low score challenge!

Haha, you're so right @Estar. Apparently, I'm such a huge mess, I'll have to take a shower and change my clothes. LOL
    You can't eat a good rack of ribs with a fork and knife! Can't eat fried chicken that way, either. That was so delicious I'm ordering another half-rack to go!
  • I agree with the bone in method for eating @Estar. I haven't tried the challenge yet @SweetP. I'm waiting for someone to give me something to shoot for. Don't tell anyone but, I may throw the game this week. There starting to get bothered with me being the only one at the winner's table.
  • Looks Awesome @sunshine great collaboration by you and @e-star !!
    OB I'll have an not-so #angry bird orchard drink:)
    @KimmieCV looks like you have some thinking to do about your future!!:) thanks for the image @ABCrazy:)
    @mvnla2 idea :)
    I haven't had time to watch video @sweetp I will later; )
    Im sure i missed lots
    Hi Pa !! I saw your pick for LSC ..I haven't seen hide nor Hare of @hunnybunny so I guess that's counted as a forfeit.
    I still have a whole other page to read so I'll catch up with things; )
    Darn error box wont let me post !!!!!
  • Good evening and happy Friday @all!
    @sunshine @estar great work! I'm stuffed from dinner but man those ribs look good!
    Haahaaaa! @mumsie is a homie! Excellent! I got the homely right away @estar:)
    Ummmmm @kimmiecv I think I might be your sick minded fwend! I'm not 100% certain but it was either me or @bird_addict......sowwwwy;)
    @tompuss I subscribe to Simons cat so this landed in my folder this morning,it's fab! Just love that cat!
    Hi @Rat @sweetP @Kathy @burpie!Yep getting down & dirty with bone in meat is the only way to do it ;)
    Righty ho I'm going to order a glass of slims "not so AB" to go before old grumpy chops next to me starts pouting ;)
    Have a great evening everyone! See ya's!
  • I shouldn't laugh at problems in translation @burpie. But I did, and now I'm so ashamed of myself. lol
  • Ha I outsmarted the error box by copying
    Hi @JLZ666 :)
  • Hi @Burpie :)
    Oops I guess the error box outsmarted me:(
  • Hi @Kathy, you're stuttering again. @JLZ666, of course you got homely. You're live on the east side of the pond. Us left sider's were the only ones confused.
  • @Burpie those are funny engrish hahaa I like the grinch one :)
    I didn't read then All but i will :)
  • Greetings @all! Wonderful menu @sunshine, I'll have the ribs please. Don't bother with knives and forks, I'll just sink the old fangs in. . @ EStar, exquisite presentation - as always.
    @rat LOL LOL rather a hairy moment for you. . . Great relief, I was afraid you'd got whacked!

On the subject of language and EStar's excellent English, you need to know that the Netherlands, Belgium and the Scandinavian countries show movies and series in the original version, with subtitles. An education in itself. . . France has always shown them dubbed, imagine watching a Western in French!! Or the Sopranos! I really dispprove of dubbing, it's a lack of respect for the original work. Maybe you watched "The Wire" @Estar? I learned a lot from that one!
    Whatever o'clock it is chez you. . hail and farewell
  • @rat yep that's true but I prefer the image of @mumsie walking around shouting "s'up?!" With her trousers(can't say pants lol!) hanging off!!
    @burpie they're fantastic! Going to read the rest right this sec!
    Got one eye on the TV pretending to watch a movie(for hubby's benefit) and one eye on my phone which is bringing on serious eye strain :(
    I'm outa here!
  • @TomPuss I know right!! I am saddened to see our cartoon network dubbing the teenshow nowadays, those helped me a lot... "saved by the bell" was a favorite back then. So I think we are headed the wrong way again. But luckily the regular channels still keep the original version, cause I hate the dubbed ones... Germany also dubs and I once saw Sister Act... ermmm imagine a German (obviously not a, pardon the term in lack of the absence of the political right term, black woman) actor!! Horrible!
  • Whahahahah JLZ Mumsie in baggy pants whooohahahahhahaha... have you ever wondered how they can walk around in those?!
  • Agreed @burpie wouldn't they leave streaks across your face like they do on your window? Yuck.

@rat I think I missed out on the censorship thread. I'm glad you didn't get *edited away completely*
  • @e-star Its pretty funny to watch them shuffle along constantly tugging the waist up while the crotch at their knees keeps them from taking a full stride. Seems to me it would hinder their ability to escape by running, but then what do I know?
  • @estar Lately, with digital tv, some programs are on split, dual channels, one for each language, wonderful.
    And I should have pointed out that in Belgium, the French-speaking people (Walloons) insist on dubbing into French!
    @burpie Oh lord! One look and I'm falling about! Keeping the rest for a weekend treat. .
    Night-night all xoxo
  • Hahahah @ABcrazy IKR same thing was on my mind, but yeah I agree what do we know LOL
  • @TomPuss have a safe trip to dreamland and see you soon!
  • Ack! What happened to my avatar?
  • Seems fine to me @ABcrazy, so maybe a dip in the internet over on your side?
  • Thanks @estar that was weird. It was the generic gray for a minute or so. I think it might be my system. I've noticed lately that some of the thumbnails posted here show up as an empty box with a question mark. Maybe my iPad is slow to download or stops early or something.
  • I love the BP and catching up with ya all, but I am going to watch a movie with Hubby, so see you all again tomorrow! Night night to the this side of the ponders and remember in some countries (like in mine and I think JLZ and Mumsies as well) the clock is going backwards 1 hours tomorrow night... so one hour of weekend extra for us :D
  • And for those to the left of me (depending how you look at the map I know!) side enjoy the afternoon and evening and those to the right.... good morning!
  • Nighty night @ E* ,((((((( hugs))))))
    @JLZ666 have a great wekend both of you:)
Post in the New Forum!