The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 1672
  • 160343 Comments
  • No problem @rat. I will learn something about biscuits or bisket and even get hungry by reading about them.
  • @estar Never heard that one? You had to be quick around the table at my house.
  • @Rat -- They just rebuilt and opened the boardwalk on Memorial Day!
    @E-Star -- Gravy recipe -- Take fat from roasting pan (or use butter); melt in deep frying pan, add a tablespoon of flour, and stir until flour thickened; slowly add juice from roasting pan or other meat stock while continuously stirring. Should make a slightly thickened liquid with no lumps. Can add turkey giblets if you have them for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Turkey gravy is the only kind I really like. Serve over turkey meat, dressing from turkey and mashed potatoes. Makes the effort of cooking a turkey worthwhile.
  • Nope sorry I haven't, but I guess you all fought for the last one... and how many where at your table way way way back when you where young? And did you win?
  • @mvnla2 the one you describe is the one that I know of, but it does not resemble the thick white sauce that I am seeing when I google biscuit and gravy.
  • @estar Now your just havin' fun at my expense. lol If you weren't quick you would draw back a nub because someone else was sticking a fork or knife into that last bisket.
    @mvnla2 thanks for the help. They were starting to gang up on me. Whaaaaa!!!!!!
  • Hmm, so the conversation about biscuit or bisket is really making me hungry. It's 1am here and I'm not feeling sleepy just yet. That's the reason I don't sleep in the afternoons.
  • @estar You're looking at a Paula Dean type recipe for gravy. I don't like that either.
  • @estar I've still got both hands, but I wasn't at the dinner table with you. Your so quick, I wouldn't have either hand by now.
  • Paula dean? I need Google a lot tonight hahahaha... but rat you never answered the question (and nahhhh I would never ever hav fun at your expense, really not, how could I, my parents taught me to be respectful of the not so young anymore folks)... how many siblings did you have to fight for the last biscuit?

And iamMighty 1AM huh, that is late for you, did you have an afternoon sleep?
  • @rat LOL, nah I was a very very sweet sister to my brothers (al though they might see it differently) and daughter to my parents hee hee
  • @e-star Yup. A 3-hour afternoon sleep.
  • ahhh that explains it iamMighty... any leftovers from dinner? just to get rid of your hunger? we are talking about english and american food, but wondering what you had for dinner, so tell me what did you have for dinner?
  • @E-Star Well, we do have light snacks always in the kitchen so I am munching on them for now. For dinner, we had um, cottage cheese which is cooked in a gravy of tomato and various spices with a roti or a type of bread if I may say.
  • I have a certain liking for American food. Especially desserts over there are really amazing and of huge variety.
  • I love roti! And the tomato and spices do sound attractive, not sure about the cottage cheese though. It sounds vegetarian... are you a vegetarian?
    And do tell about the light snacks :D
  • I hope @kim dosen't read this. She gets hungry by just thinking about them :D
  • I think I like the BBQ style of preparing meats and such, but the rest I am not sure of. But than again I never visited (and probably never will) so I don't speak out of experience and indeed looks can be deceiving ;)
  • Kimmie likes roti as well?
  • @estar--I only had two brothers one sister. Three of us were over six feet tall. I'm 6'5". Can you figure out who was shorter than six feet?
  • Nope. I am a non-vegetarian and need it once in a while.
    There are many types of light snacks. The one I have right now is also known as Bombay mix, or as chiwda It consists of a variable mixture of spicy dried ingredients, which may include fried lentils, peanuts, corn, , flaked rice, onion and curry leaves and some lemon
  • @E-Star Don't know about know that but anything related to food makes her go hungry xD
  • @estar It was the annual reunions that improved your speed. The last one at my gandmothers' house had 97 offspring around quite a few tables, couches, stumps, and picinic tables. I never got away from the kiddie tables. Long lived buggers. You only moved up through attrition.
  • Sounds delicious @iamMighty! a easy to grab and type snack :D
  • @rat 6'5" ?! Had to look up in centimeters and o_O
    *lill' E-Star looks up to the tall tall man* fortunately in the virtual world everyone is the same height... the height of my screen... but awwww don't tell me, the youngest boy of the family was the shortest? how cruel LOL... nah it is probably your sis right?
  • @iamMighty--I just ate and your making me hungry again. I'm too big to eat again. Can we change the subject. We beat those biskets so much they're nothing but glutten.
  • 97?! offspring as in family members?! you are not talking about your virtual heyyous?? good grief!! that must have been a busy event for sure!
  • @Estar Nope and nope. The oldest boy. We always teased him about being adopted. He's a little slow, short, and looks noting like the rest of us. My Dad always wondered about the milkman. Not joking.
  • Oops real life calling... back in a bit :D
  • @estar That's how many made it to the reunion. I think even my grandmother lost count. Not really. She knew and loved every one of us. Everyone always got a birthday card with a small amount of money in it. No telling how she afforded that. She was not a rich woman.
  • @all Sorry for stepping on any toes. @estar had asked me some questions as I went to eat. @all, you have the floor.
  • Changing the topic...
    @rat You're from the US too, if I am not mistaken?
  • Ohhhh @mighty I just had fish & mushroom pakora,Dahl,nan and punjabi lamb for dinner and my snack of choice is Bombay mix! There's some nasty tasting ones over here but when you get a good restaurant it's amazing!!!
    @estar I watch a lot of cookery programmes and the thick creamy gravy looks awful:( don't know if that's the norm and maybe it tastes better than it looks but proper scrape the "roasting pan" gravy is what I know and love! Actually I can't think of food anymore,I'm stuffed....although I do hear Mr Ben and Jerry calling ;)
    Yeah I hear ya @estar.....hubby's ok for a while,I've given him the iPad to look for a car ;)
  • Nasty tasting Bombay mix I mean! The rest,we're very lucky!
  • @JLZ Woah! How do you know that much about Indian food?
    @all Is Indian food really famous there?
  • Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz
  • @mighty seriously???! The British LOVE Indian food! I thought you would have known that? It's my favourite:) if I wasn't so full I'd pour over the recipes I've got! I like things hot and spicy,the hotter the better but I just love the herbs and spices. Nothing smells nicer than my kitchen when those spices are cooking! Tonight I opted out of cooking but our local restaurant is fantastic so I sat back and let someone else do it! I've not been to India yet but have been to Sri-Lanka and WOW those flavours are hot!!!
  • @rat with that height you are bound to step on anything, but I don't think ya did step on any toes did ya?? And WOW for grandma, remembering all those birthdays! My grandma did remember all the birthdays as well, still do to a certain degree, but at 93 and not seeing much but different shades of light, she can not write birthday cards anymore. Grandpa took over for a while, but also at 93 he replaced it by a phone call. Which I still think is amazing that they remember it all.
  • From Russia With Buzz
  • White Russian
  • @JLZ Awesome to know.I've heard of Indian food being a favorite of some but maybe I am wrong. Sri-Lankan food is good too but as you said they prefer it spicy. Visit India someday, you might be amaze to see the variety of food here. My mother cooks some awesome traditional food that I've no clue of how she prepares it.

@rd Is that a signal that you're commencing your restoration of progress?
  • We have so many cuisines overhere. and because I live in a big multicultural city I have the opportunity to enjoy loads of different cuisines. And the lamb you had JLZ sounds delicious!! and I too love my food spicy and hot :D
  • @rd and @E-Star Tried Indian food?
  • Whatcha buzzing Ripsy... trying to stay awake with coffee and some extra??
  • Wavy Gravy
  • no restore yet. I am naming my favorite Ben & jerry's flavors.
  • Phish Food
  • no indian food. all the indian places around here get trrrible reviews
  • Peanut Butter Cup
Post in the New Forum!