The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 1841
  • 160343 Comments
  • Thanks @kimmiecv I did manage to finally break avg. @thee-Michelle hints helped me the most. Meh.... Levels like that & 4-40 are not much fun for me. Just not into the quick reaction time levels.

@kathy hope your phone & game stats are ok!
  • Can you access the worlds now @kathy?
  • Happy Birthday @theanonymoussomeone! Get prepared for your cake when I am not sleep deprived:D
  • Thanks @Ripsy i thought it would go back to before when i backed Up.before update, my scores are still there and the update still there,i am confused about that? But i suppose is there its there all is well now lol:)
  • @ABCrazy lol i just went to walkthrough and was just about to tell you look at thee-michelle screenshot:) nice:)
  • Ohh Happy Birthday @theanonymousesomeone:) its my daughters birthday also:) :)
  • Happy Birthday @Laurafj :) :) Hope all your bday wishes come true:)
  • Ow and hey all here at the BP, how are you all doing? All enjoying the new goodies Rovio has left us in the last couple of days? And Hunny I think Pom is working like a maniac to knock everybodies socks off with his new scores, so I am voting somewhere on Sunday around 9PM ;)

Happy birthday to your daughter @Kathy !! Is her birthday the 13th or the 14th... these timezones really can be a pain in the behind.
  • Lol @E* thank you her birthday is today the13th here:) ,arghhb i feel old haha.
    Is theanonymousesomeone today the 13th @angermanagement? or the 14th..these times zones are so annoying:!!
  • 14th @kathy, but it was past midnight for me when I posted the comment;)
  • Ahh i see its the 14th :) which is tomorrow for me. Not sure of his time zone..so frustrating i have an idea:)
  • Yep i hope so also @E* :) probably very busy with school as well:)
  • Nighty night everyone, finished the first 10 levels, 29/30 stars (stupid 7-4 isn't co-operating, but I';ll crack it) and I have found the 3 star minimums for levels 4-10, I'll work on 1-3 (if possible, due to the often low amounts in the first levels, leading to difficulties in finding it) and then I will work on getting the 3 stars and mins for the rest:D Finding the 3 star minimums adds to the fun, because I have to create a new strategy in order to get it most of the time! Good night, or flinging:)
  • Well I'm off to fling:) thanks for the note in tot 14 @E* I'm trying its a tough shot:/
  • Night night @angermanagement:) sweet dreams..best to come back fresh tomorrow :) you'll get it. Remember The 3 P's :)
  • OB I'll take PigKiller to go please ~psst..can you add Some of@sunshine secret mixture ~
    BfNIMCBLIDK :)
  • Night night AM good luck with 7-4... I am assuming you haven't visited the walkthrough pages right? cause it isn't a very hard level when you know the way to go.

@kathy have fun flinging, I am going to fling some myself as well and watch some mind numbing television... one great recipe for a good start of the weekend :D
  • :) enjoy @E* I'm waiting for BF to wake Up and go to work so i can watch my shows while flinging..currently sitting in living room with 'The Mom' sleeping in her chair but i don't dare change the stupid channel lol 1 more hour and I'll be happy and comfy:)
    Have a great evening see ya tomorrow:)((((( hug)))))
  • @kathy Here is how Backup/Restore works:
    When you backup your progress, it takes your HighScore files (.lua) for all the levels you have completed. When you update a version of Angry Birds, new levels are added to the game. When you restore, it takes your high scores and puts them in the new version. The Backup/Restore program only backs up the .lua files, not the version of the game.
  • Ohh ohhh thanks @Ripsy i get it now:) the addition to the app x still stays after update.the backup just savers the Hawaiin lua stuff:) so if i could copy the lua then when u get a new phone i could install those lua files and my scores would be there:) your a genius for being able to explain that to a computer illiterate like me:) he heheee.
  • Right ¿ :/
  • Hi @Kathy! What does a box with just one dot in it mean¿? Or was it un-intentional? At any rate, my victory has been short lived, I am now in sixth...
  • In theory, you are right. But anything sporting JellyBean is a little more difficult to do. I am just patiently waiting for the CloudSync to hit all versions. That's why I only play ABF or ABO on the new phone. Anything else, i play on the old one
  • Which any new phone is sporting JellyBean. I have also heard KitKat is next in line and it will be the 5.x Version of the Android OS.
  • And you know you can always count on your resident computer nerd for help explaining things. I like helping people.
  • ¿ what is going on here? @rdnzlrips82 do you have an idea of what that box means?
  • @bubbleslover I think the box with the dot means @kathy is in deep thought and she is so focused, all she can express at the moment is the dot.
    :-D
  • Thanks @Ripsy sorry i got distracted..@bubbleslover the . Is cause i my last words were still in my type space and instead of deleting i was lazy and posted a dot.
  • Lol @ABCrazy you know me to well:)
  • Haha! @Kathy @ABCrazy thank ya'll for the answer...gosh, how does @burpie do it?!?? He has 130,000 and I have 112,850 or something!Ahh!
  • @kathy all that jellybean kitkat Lua stuff 5.x stuff would dot anyone...
  • .Hi @all -- I have 3* in all of the Space update, but still missing one in Endor. Not doing too well with rationing my flinging. My to-do list is getting longer and longer by the day. Arrrggghhh! At least there aren't any new releases for a couple of days.
  • I'm not sure who is sill here but I thought I would comment on the new space episode, easy
    but fun, low score addict threshold, great way to kill time while getting car serviced. Managed to get to #2 in space behind @burpie, but I am sure the rat will post his scores soon and dump me back down. So goodnight all the real flinging starts tomorrow.
  • @BubblesLover , Egg-10 was the only new level I spent any time on. My scores for Cosmic Crystals were posted after an exploratory once through, just to get something on the board. If it's any consolation, chasing after that potential score of 140k for Egg 10 will probably drive me crazy in the weeks to come ;-)
  • @estar, I have visited the walkthrough, curl the first 2 reds round the bottom planet, and they will explode to big crystal planet. However, I have followed the video to a tee, and put my little spin on it, and nothing works, there is always that one little pig remaining, and I even started to wonder whether it was a problem with my platform:/
  • HaPpY BiRtHdAY @laurafj and @theannonymousomeone!! I hope you both have/had a great day!! :)
  • @All--Who had Saturday morning at 6:11 in the pool? Sorry so late, I've been traveling a lot lately and my neck pain has been giving me migraines for the past few days. You don't do anything but hide when you get them.
    First pass is complete. Four top scores and three below average. Lots of room for improvement. Now, as @mudslinger said, "The fun begins".
  • @rat CongRATulations. We never doubted you!
    Don't revisit level one, its the only time I've been ahead of you on a leader board in Space, and probably the last ;-)
  • Ahhh, yes, @Rat! The fun really starts today... I always feel bad whenever I leave without notice! I just ended up dozing off... My hair tells the story!!! Lol ;) there is a possible score for 140,000¿ That is a ton!!! At this rate I'll be in fiftieth before I know it! ;D
  • Thanks @Hunnybunny. Your safe, for now......Bfnimcblidk
  • Hello @everyone!

Sorry I haven't visited in so long -- work has been crazy lately. I have been thinking of you all, though, and missed you. Glad to see so much activity, and it looks like some new folks have joined us -- perhaps someone can be kind enough to introduce me to the new members who have joined us here recently, so I can offer my own welcome, or even members who have been part of ABN for a while, but recently returned to our beloved Bloated Pig.

Regardless, I hope you are all doing well, and enjoying the new releases -- I'm sure that everyone is busy flinging away madly. I was personally thrilled to get the new Space update on the PC, even though we didn't get the Star Wars update. Although it turns out to be a mixed blessing -- it turns out that I am absolutely terrible at the new Cosmic Crystals world in Space. Will have to be studying all those wonderfully helpful walk-throughs, for which I am extremely grateful!

If you have a moment, my friends, please let me know how you are -- I will try to get caught up. Work will get intense again soon and stay that way for the rest of the year, but I do so much value all the friends I have here, will try to check in whenever I can.

It's a beautiful early autumn weekend here in the Boston area -- sunny and comfortably warm during the day, nice cool weather for sleeping at night. One of my favorite times of year!
  • Hi, @JunkenMetal! I am very fine... I haven't seen you in a really long time! How's it flinging? ;)
  • @TAS happy birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day
    @all hi and happy flinging
    @rat left some crumbs for you on 7-11. Never thought I'd say that! Yeay, two levels where I'm ahead
Post in the New Forum!