The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 1945
  • 160343 Comments
  • @TomPuss -- Love that flashmob! Had to watch it twice to get some inkling of how they pulled it off. Does the Marine Band really have all those standard orchestra / non-band instruments (violin, viola, cello, bass, bassoon, english horn, harp, etc.)?
  • Page 1945. That was the year WWII ended. Interesting little fact
  • @mvnla2 have you checked with your bank to make sure that no one has actually made purchases on your amazon account? I would call amazon myself
    I've got lots of ads from them but none saying i purchased anything
  • @Kathy -- Thanks for your concern and suggestions. I guess I didn't make it clear because I was in a rush. I did call Amazon, as well as look at my account, and there was nothing charged. I sent the e-mail to Amazon's fraudulent e-mail team.
    My e-mail is working fine now. I deleted too many files in an overly zealous attempt to make sure there were no remnants of the suspicious e-mail left.
    I think one of my e-mail contacts has a virus.
  • @mvnla2 I kind of figured you did;)
    I never open any email unless I'm absolute sure who is from, even the ads from amazon who I have made purchases from before, if i want something from them i go looking directly.
    Hopefully you figure out the virus thing.
  • Oohhh that can Happen also! ! Your contact could have a virus and pass it on that stinks:(
  • @TomPuss I ordered some earth moving equipment for you. It should have arrived by now.
  • @rat you got me laughing with your earth moving equipment gift for @tompuss
    Glad to see your sense of humor popping in.
  • I really did send her some help in the form of a novella pm @ABcrazy.
  • @kathy I'm remiss in offering condolences to you for the loss of your uncle. I'm sorry. My thoughts have been with you.
  • Hmmmmm.... I might have to revisit ABSp again sometime soon if novella length tips are obtainable from the great and powerful @rat!
    I've been lagging a day or so behind in Seasons Advent. Those top scores are amazing how quick some flingers get them. I just don't have the time right now to really work my scores higher like I'd like to.
  • I haven't been around much in the past few weeks @ABcrazy. I've been down in the dumps because of Robert. I'm trying to get on with my life but there's a big hole where he used to be.
  • Maybe you can get @TomPuss to cut and paste my pm to you or the walkthrough. Too cold outside to type it again.
  • I understand @rat that's why I'm happy to see your sense of humor starting to poke out again. It's good to see you coming back.
  • hello everyone!
  • Hi @angryboy! Been a bit quiet around here lately. How are you doing?
  • @Rat -- It takes a while to get over a loss like you've had. Too bad there aren't real funerals / memorial services for pets. They really do help a lot because of all the talking with friends. Hope you and your wife, or anyone else who knew Robert are taking time to discuss your memories of him. Best wishes for getting out of the dumps soon.
  • Hey @angryboy! How are you doing? I think it might be a little early to get off for Christmas? If not, you might be looking a some final exams (Ugh!). Glad to see that you had a few seconds to pop in.
  • @ABcrazy @mvnla doing good, getting ready for CHRISTmas!
    @mvnla i finished school this week
  • @angryboy You're so lucky. I don't get off until the 20th.
  • @angryboy We are almost done with school too. Final exams are next week. Easy for me, not so much for my students. :-} I'm ready for the holidays!!!
  • @blah perks of being homeschooled
  • So, is anyone playing AB Go (other than cosmo, Les-Toreadors, and me)? I'm way behind the other 2. If you're playing, what do you think of the game? I'm not sure a racing game is really my cup of tea, but still trying.
  • Thanks @Tompuss. I played S-19 a few times to check what I had told you and got top score back from @burpie. Whoo Hoo!!!
  • @mvnla2 i started playing AB Go but it really didn't meet my expectations. There is way to much repetitivity and Rovio is being as greedy as ever. I expected this to be more like Mario Kart, where you race just for the heck of it more than just completing missions to get coins. I normally enjoy racing games a lot, but I think that Rovio failed on this one. They should stick with 2D platformers instead of attempting to create 3D games.
  • Hi @Kathy, Bye Kathy
  • Hey everyone:) sorry i was just doing some catch up on pm's
    Thank you @TomPuss @ABCrazy for your condolences ;)
    Pa you sound like angryboy with the hi bye lol;)
    I can't possibly catch up here right now. .
    So uhmm gonna watch the flashdance video and drinks on me:)
  • Wow that flash mob was amazing @Tompuss ;)
    And when did Bird Leader get a Walker did I miss something?
    Off to fling in the ridiculously luck based advent.
    BBFNMCBLIDK
  • i've played it @mvnla, i like it
  • Whaaaaat? @rat sez 'I played S-19 a few times to check what I had told you and got top score back from @burpie. Whoo Hoo!!!'
    That is just so.... REALLY! Played a few times & got top score?
    ABcrazy looks at floor, shakes head..... Shuffles off to a quiet corner booth to rethink life, why I play this silly game. It takes me more than a few times to take a top score even when I KNOW I've got a solid strat. (Facepalm)
  • Hi guys, how ya doin? Got a spelling bee tomorrow. Wish me luck!
  • Hey @theanonymoussomone good luck with your spelling bee;)
    Have some crispy pig ears. .my treat;)
  • I'm off to dreamland ;) have a great night all happy flinging
    *places flashlight on @Kimmiecv favorite booth*
    ((((( hugs)))) Pahtnah sorry I missed ya have a great night and a Great Friday; )
  • I might have mislead you a little bit @ABcrazy. A few times infers about two. I actually played it four times to be exact. The tips I gave to @TomPuss worked well. I need to listen to my own advice more often. lol

Good night Ma.
  • @ABcrazy I did have a solid strategy already. I was in second place. So I knew what to do. I just got lucky on top of it. Funny fact: Most of my puppies were won by beating my own top scores. So lift that head up, stick out that pouting lip, and go beat me with the info that TomPuss has. The basics for the strategy I used are in the walkthrough under @burpie's next to last entry.
  • @mvnla2 Hope your computer/device were not affected by any viruses. I'm probably the most paranoid person ever, and if I don't recognize the sender or they're not on my safe list, it immediately gets reported as spam or phishing scam. If I'm not sure either way, I'll look at the properties of the email and search for the domain it's coming from.

@rat, that earthmoving equipment you left for TomPuss, is that in Space or Short Fuse? Have you played the Advent levels yet?
    I'm so sorry, I know how much you miss dear Robert. It took me a very long time too, before I could go through the day without feeling so sad after my Starkitty passed. I hope you and Mrs. Rat know that Robert was a very lucky kitty to have you as his parents. You did everything you could to give him a loving home and a very long happy life!

Time for me to snuggle on the sofa to do some flinging before it gets too late.
    OB, a large mug of hot cocoa with marshmallows please.

Happy flinging @all. Nighty-night, and sweet dreams!
  • It's in Space, Cosmic Crystals @SweetP. Don't even know where the advent levels are located. I haven't been very involved lately. Are they any fun?
  • WHAT THE...?
    Just playing AB-SW on FB and... "The content you seek is no longer avaible..." SW on FB just simple erased from anywhere, literally... app list, games, all my account has no record for that app... and talking with others, the same...
    :(

• @Rat9, nice going on S-19. I see that this also puts you within striking distance for the episode lead.
  • The Advent levels (Arctic Eggspedition) is in Seasons (Season 4). Yes, they're fun, but can be quite frustrating! If you've played ABO Surf n Turf, the flinging is similar. Diving underwater to break up snow to cause structure collapse.

Wow, you're doing quite well in CC with many top scores @rat! Congrats, my hat's off to you! Look out @burpie, he's comin' at ya, Haha!
  • @rat A huge "thank you" for taking so much trouble over the novella! I'm just getting Hubz to print it out for me and this p.m. I'll be flinging like a fiend! It's really great that I was in a small way responsible for you improving your score. Yes, I'll paste it through to the walkthrough, good idea.
    Yes, I'm sure you'd like the Advent episode, @rat. Plenty of explosions, which is always fun.
    It's located in Seasons, Season 4.
    Brrrr, such cold weather, especially for us smokers banished outside. Must get me some mittens soon. . .
    Happy flinging & (((hugz)))
  • You do know that @burpie is not happy with you @TomPuss. He was comfortably in first place in CC and I hadn't played it for about a month. Now, as he said, I'm within striking distance of 1st place. And it's all your fault, not mine. You heard that right @burpie? It's her fault.
  • Happy Friday Everyone !!
    Have a fantabulous flinging day! !
  • Hiya @Kathy! Happy Friday to you, too. I'm getting to bed now, so I'll catch up to you later this afternoon. Have a happy flinging day, and here's some L-Factor for you to kick piggie butt! (((((HUGS)))))
  • @mvnla2 Thanks for the hacking info. Have had this problem too and am being extra careful now.

USAF band: For full details on this performance, see:

http://www.usafband.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123373345

• @rat Hahahaa! WTG boyo!

@burpie Sorry for your loss (*snicker*)
  • @Rat & @TomPuss, I really don't mind being overtaken. After over a year of playing AB Space almost daily for hours, I eventually became bored with it. My interest has now shifted to chess. I used to be a club player as a kid. My interest always shifts to chess when the nights get longer and this year for the first time in ages I gave in. So I'm brushing up on my opening theory and getting my behind served to me in blitz games at FICS.

Before chess and AB, it was photography for a few years. Another old hobby that I rediscovered (it finally became affordable thanks to digital SLRs and a decent salery.)

Before then it was rock climbing for about five years. Before then it was literature.

There's never a shortage of interests but I tend to concentrate on one hobby at a time.

BTW @Rat and @Estar, if you'd like to take over the minimal admin duties for the Lowest Score Challenge - or if you'd care to resume them @Happyshake - send me a line.
  • @burpie I admire any one who can play chess. I'm incapable of visualizing ahead, so no hope for me there.
    I used to love photography too. I had an all-manual camera and a light-meter, plus lots of lenses. I got really good exposures, better than Hubz with semi-automatic and automatic (this was all pre-digital). I used to cart all this heavy gear around. . . until I put my back out big-time, and that was the end of it. I miss it though.
    Please don't forsake us in the BP xxx
  • Hi @TomPuss, I started with a Nikon EM SLR. Not many options on that camera and I didn't have any cash to burn through rolls of film. Digital was quite a liberation... unlimited free street photography!

For that old school feel, I've since bought a 6x9 Zeiss Ikon folder and a 35mm Canonet rangefinder.

These days I take mostly take family snapshots, goof around with product photography, and occasionally combine my hobbies of photography and travel.
Post in the New Forum!